Deadline – 14 September 2018
Only completed submissions received on or before 14 September 2018 will be considered by the Selection Panel. An e-mail message confirming receipt of the submission will be sent after the deadline. That e-mail is not confirmation that the submission is complete, only that it has been received.
Successful applicants and nominees will be informed of the Selection Panel’s decision near the end of October 2018. They will be invited to attend the award ceremony, anticipated to take place on 19 November 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands (subject to confirmation).
- Citizens of States Parties and not-for-profit, non-governmental organisations registered in any OPCW Member State are eligible to apply or be nominated.
- Applications can be submitted by eligible individuals/organisations or by a third party, acting as nominator.
- Current personnel of the OPCW Technical Secretariat and Delegations of Member States to the Organisation are not eligible to receive an award.
- Former personnel of the OPCW Technical Secretariat who have completed three years following their separation from the Organisation are eligible. The same three-year rule shall apply to former personnel of Member States’ Delegations to the Organisation.
The Selection Panel
A panel composed of the following members (Ex Officio) will select the winners of the Award:
- Director General of the OPCW (Chair),
- Chairperson of the Executive Council,
- Mayor of The Hague,
- President of the International Council of Chemical Associations (ICCA), and,
- President of International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry ( IUPAC).
The Selection Panel will be assisted by a Secretary (appointed by the Director General). In discharging its duties the Panel may draw upon the expertise of Technical Secretariat personnel or external experts (as appropriate).
The Panel reserves the right to make one or more awards, or none at all.